Armor of Hope Foundation is a faith-based humanitarian organization committed to working with vulnerable children worldwide to achieve self-sustainability by providing for their physical, spiritual, educational, emotional and social needs.
The stats below illustrate the tremendous need for orphan care around the world.
• Worldwide states 153 million orphans.
• 5,760 more children become orphans daily.
•14,505,000 children grow up as orphans and age out of the system by age sixteen.
• 38,493 orphans age out daily.
• 10% – 15% of these children commit suicide before they reach age eighteen.
• 60% of the girls become prostitutes and 70% of the boys become hardened criminals.
• 60 million orphaned children in Asia.
• Deaths under the age of five are concentrated in Southern Asia; India and China have the highest rates of early childhood mortality.
• 10.2 million orphaned children in Latin America.
• Women and children are especially vulnerable in Latin America; under age minors represent 50% of people living in extreme poverty.
Defenseless children are often placed into precarious situations. Children are vulnerable and should have the opportunity for love, family, medical care, and education. Armor of Hope Foundation is dedicated to meeting the needs of vulnerable children. We partner with organizations worldwide that provide support services to help them become self-sustaining, from building a well, a school, or housing. We want to be able to give financial grants to projects that preserve and build children, families, and communities.